Hello, everyone! This is my landing page for all things writing and publishing. My name is Chuck Sambuchino and I am a humor writer, freelance editor, and former book editor. I was an editor for Writer’s Digest Books for several years up through 2017 and have written many books. HERE ARE SOME WAYS FOR US TO CONNECT:
- If you’re here looking for a freelance editor, he can critique query letters, synopses, book proposals, and novels.
- Connect with Chuck on Twitter. He was named by Forbes as a top publishing influencer on Twitter.
- Connect with Chuck on Facebook.
- If you are looking for writing conferences, he has a list on this website. In 2019-2020, he has been asked to speak at conferences, or is helping coordinate conferences, in Minnesota, Atlanta, Michigan, Philadelphia, Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Diego, Washington DC, Baltimore, Tampa, Atlanta, Michigan, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Phoenix, San Francisco, Denver, Birmingham, and more.
- If you’re interested in how to sell more books and build your writer platform, check out Create Your Writer Platform.
- Learn more about the two annual writing guides that Chuck used to edit: The Guide to Literary Agents and the Children’s Writer’s & Illustrator’s Market (the 2017 editions are his most recent). For ten years he also edited the Guide to Literary Agents Blog, one of the biggest blogs in publishing.
TO CONTACT ME: Please do NOT leave a comment on this site — it gets too much spam. My two primary e-mails are chucksambuchino (at) gmail (dot) com, and reesedn3a416 (at) hotmail (dot) com. E-mail one, or better yet both.
- Learn more about Chuck’s 2010 humor book, How to Survive a Garden Gnome Attack (Ten Speed Press), which was optioned for film by Sony in 2011 and translated into several languages.
- Learn more about Chuck’s 2015 humor book, When Clowns Attack: A Survival Guide (Ten Speed Press), which was mentioned in New York Magazine.
- Learn more about Chuck’s 2012 humor book, Red Dog / Blue Dog: When Pooches Get Political (Running Press), which has been featured by USA Today, PoliticalWire.com, The Huffington Post, and more.
Chuck, you are amazing, your a legend. you taught me the ways to defend myself. you even inspired my to write my own book for my summer reading assignment- “How i survived a garden gnome attack” thank you for helping me fight back against the evil dwellers. i didn’t know about thier mellicious intent until i read your book. now they no longer live in my front yard. thank you.