CHUCK SAMBUCHINO is a bestselling humor book writer, a freelance editor, and a former editor for Writer’s Digest Books for many years. During his time with WD Books (until 2017), he edited the GUIDE TO LITERARY AGENTS as well as the CHILDREN’S WRITER’S & ILLUSTRATOR’S MARKET. His Guide to Literary Agents Blog was one of the biggest blogs in publishing, averaging more than 350,000 page views each month. He was named by Forbes as one of the top influencers in publishing in recognition of his personal Twitter.
He loves connecting with writers and helping them get published & sell more books. As of 2021, he is the executive director of Writing Day Workshops, which plans regional writers conferences all over the country (and some online conferences open to anyone, anywhere). Writing Day Workshops has helped dozens and dozens of writers find literary agents.
His first humor book, HOW TO SURVIVE A GARDEN GNOME ATTACK, was featured by Reader’s Digest, USA Today, Buzzfeed, Wired, the New York Times, AOL News, and many more media outlets. The film rights were optioned by Sony and director Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future). The book was translated into several languages. His newest humor book is WHEN CLOWNS ATTACK: A SURVIVAL GUIDE (Ten Speed Press), which was mentioned by New York magazine.
In addition, Chuck’s also written three other writing-related titles: the third edition of FORMATTING & SUBMITTING YOUR MANUSCRIPT, as well as CREATE YOUR WRITER PLATFORM. His latest writing guide is GET A LITERARY AGENT.
Chuck is a former staffer of several newspapers and magazines—most notably Writer’s Digest. During his tenure as a newspaper reporter, he won awards from both the Kentucky Press Association and the Cincinnati Society of Professional Journalists. He is a produced playwright, with both original and commissioned works produced. During the past fifteen years, more than 700 of his articles have appeared in newspapers, magazines and books.
Besides that, he is a proud father of an adorable eight-year-old daughter (and her girl scout troop leader), a cover band guitarist, chocolate chip cookie addict, movie trivia geek, and owner of a flabby-yet-lovable dog named Graham.
INTERVIEWS WITH CHUCK:
If you’re interested in interviewing Chuck, simply contact him at chucksambuchino [at] gmail.com. Note that the list of interviews below are regarding his general writing and editing. To see articles written about his GNOME ATTACK humor book, click on the “Gnomes” page of this website.
- Interview with Jane Friedman about how to get published and writing advice
- Interview with the Hamilton County (OH) Library’s Writer-in Residence
- Chiseled in Rock interview
- SCBWI Kite Tales Blog interview
- Write Nonfiction Now interview
- Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers interview
- WVXU Cincinnati NPR interview
- Alexis Grant (The Write Life) interview
- Motown Writers Network Podcast interview
- Vox Laurus interview
- Rich Ehisen interview
- Fiction Flurry interview
- Andrea Hurst Authornomics interview
- Literary Rambles interview
- Pennwriters interview
- Writer Unboxed interview
- Humor Outcasts interview
- Writers League of Texas interview
- A. Elizabeth West interview
- Writerwaves interview
- SCBWI.com interview
- Red Sofa Literary Chats interview
- Writers on the Rise interview
- Good EReader interview
- Cincinnati NPR interview about Chuck’s second book Red Dog / Blue Dog
- USA Today press coverage of Red Dog / Blue Dog
- PAWsitive Radio interview about Red Dog / Blue Dog
- Whine at 9 podcast about Red Dog / Blue Dog
* * **